It was recorded in Dato' Muhammad Said's Chronicle that:
Simple reason why Sultana Fatimah did'nt reside in Istana Besar... ;- if your Boss giving you a girl as a present to bring back, do you bring her home??? Hehehee
- Istana Wooden York was BUILT IN 1935 to 'replace' Tyersall Palace which has been destroyed by fire in 1905. It took them 30's to rebuilt??
- Istana Wooden York compund was belong to William Napier
- The 1st Istana called "Woodneuk" was built for Sultana Fatima, as temporary residence until completion of Tyersall Palace. Possibly built arond 1870's BEFORE the Tyersall Palace
- Captain R. Ross was the owner of the original Istana Woodneuk, not William Napier
The Original Istana Woodneuk (one that belong to Sultana Fatima) was reportedly damage by fire in 1925 before replaced by a new structure known as "Istana Wooden York" in 1935.
Due to unknown reason, HH Ismail and HH Mahmud Iskandar also reluctant to stay at Wooden York.
1. 1890 ; destroyed Tyersall House
2. 1905 ; destroyed Grand Ballroom of Tyersall Palace
3. 1925 ; destroyed original Istana Woodneuk
4. 1942 ; damaging Istana Woodneuk
5. 2006 ; destroyed Istana Woodneuk